06 January 2012

New Years' Weekend

We went to St. Louis for a mini family vacation over New Years' weekend.

We visited the Gateway Arch--the tallest monument in the country.

IMG 0006

IMG 0007

IMG 0008

We took a quick run through the museum in the Visitor's Center before it closed for the day.

IMG 0016

Even though we had tickets for our ride to the top of the Arch, we had to wait…and wait…for our turn. Our time at the top was brief in comparison, but oh, what a view!

Emma was nervous at the top. OK, so was I. It was a windy evening, and the Arch didn't exactly stay still.

IMG 0021

IMG 0026

A view from the top.

IMG 0024

A poorly lit picture of all of us.

IMG 0027

We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner--a family favorite--and the kids had fun swimming in the hotel pool that evening. The next morning, we went to the Magic House--a wonderful children's museum in the St. Louis area.

The crew loved climbing around in Jack's Beanstalk.

IMG 1352

Nathan liked the "bubble room."

IMG 1353

The boys spent a lot of time repairing their car.

IMG 1360

Emma and Clara, however, were done with the children's museum after an hour or two, so the girls and I headed back downtown to see more of the Arch's museum.

I loved loved so many of the quotes posted throughout the exhibit.

IMG 1362

IMG 1365

IMG 1364

IMG 1366

IMG 1367

Emma and Clara by a statue of Meriweather Lewis, right before we left.

IMG 1368

3 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Those quotes were GREAT~thank you for sharing them. I would be scared too on top of that arch as it swayed in the wind. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sylvia said...

Such wonderful pictures! And awesome that they are back again!! Yay!! :)

The MacQueens said...

Your kids are getting so big! Hope you are doing well!